- Numbers Rule the World
- Ethics in the Real World
- Controlling Management Continuity Risk
- 5 Business Books in 100 Minutes
1. How can a numbers person master words and communication in an ever-changing and social dynamic? This session will reveal common communication mistakes financial professionals make and suggest practical solutions. We will discuss proven techniques to effectively deliver your numbers so your audience will understand.
2. Business ethics is not just something "nice to do" but can mean the difference between success, failure, and survival in today's increasingly competitive environment.
3. We outline eight steps to create an ethical business culture and provides specific ways for financial managers to make better ethical decisions.
4. Learn the lessons from five different business books: The End of Accounting, The Right and Wrong Stuff: How Brilliant Careers Are Made and Unmade, Big Potential, Pitch Anything and Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success.
This series is for people who are, aspire to be, or are an advisor to, chief financial officers.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Deliver your numbers so your stakeholders understand them?
- Analyze the value of ethics in today's business environment
- Calculate and effectively manage management continuity risk in today's environment
- Apply the applicable lessons of five recent business books
The major topics covered in this class include:
- When should I text, email, phone, or meet?
- How to write emails that people will read
- How to say "no" tactfully
- How to communicate information so others understand
- Identifying the big picture and your communications role
- What is the value of Ethics? Why does Ethics make a difference? How can we all be more Ethical?
- Preparing for key personnel turnover- have we taken appropriate steps to minimize the risks?
- Key lessons from five business books to help make you more effective
Designed for: Business leaders, CEOs, CFOs, accountants, corporate financial managers, business owners, risk managers, Controllers, entrepreneurs, consultants, and the professionals who advise them.
Instructor: Robert Mims, CPADeveloper: The Knowledge Institute, LLC
CPE Credits: 8
Area of Study: AuditingPrerequisite: At least six (6) months of professional financial statement analysis experience, or at least six (6) credit hours of corporate finance classwork at an accredited university.