This course provides a concise overview of Google Docs, a cloud-based word processing application by Google. Similar to Microsoft Word, the tool allows users to create documents, add text, edit paragraphs, apply formatting, copy and paste content, incorporate headers and footers, embed a table of contents, insert images, integrate footnotes and much more. While Word is the default tool and industry standard for most accountants, Google Docs has most of Word's functionality and many underrated capabilities which are clearly superior to its Microsoft rival. These include online collaboration, team communications, mobility, version control, revision history, cloud storage, translation, Google integration, and scores of third-party add-ons. You'll walk away knowing how to use a whole new array of word processing features not found in Word that can boost your writing powers and accelerate your communications workflow.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Identify the key capabilities and user interface of Google Docs
- Create, edit and format text and reports using Google Docs
- Recognize word processing features unique to Google Docs which are not available in Microsoft Word
- Add plug-ins that extend the power of Google Docs
- Use Google Docs in tandem with Microsoft Word
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- What is Google Docs?
- Key Set Up Steps and Apps
- Key Strengths and Weaknesses
- Google Docs vs. Microsoft Word
- Google Docs Versions
- Quick Start Guide
- Things You Can do in Google Docs that You Can't Do in Word
- Google Docs Add-Ons
- Google Docs Help Resources
Designed for: Practitioners who want to explore Google Docs as a Microsoft Word alternative and online writing platform rich in collaboration, mobile and artificial intelligence features.
Instructor: Garrett Wasny, MA, CMC, CITP/FIBPDeveloper: Garrett Wasny
CPE Credits: 2
Area of Study: Information TechnologyPrerequisite: None