Join Renew Advertise Directory
This course provides in depth coverage of the 20% Section 199A deduction, which dramatically affects the choice of entity decision. Compare and contrast the tax and non-tax aspects of various entity forms including sole proprietorships, single member LLCs, partnerships, C corporations, Personal Service Corporations, S corporations, and limited liability companies. Planning opportunities and potential pitfalls of each entity type are discussed.
• Understand the latest rulings of the new Section 199A flow-through deduction
• Determine the obvious and subtle differences in various entities.
• Review recent legislation and developments.
• Impact of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on flow-through entities.
o New Section 199A deduction.
o New 20% corporate tax rate
• Rediscovering Section 1202 QSBS.
• Social Security and Medicare Taxes
• Examine the tax and important non-tax aspects of different entities.
• Organizational issues.
• Special problems of personal service businesses.
• Effects of liquidations & dissolutions.
• Ramifications of the C to S election and the S to C election.
• Recent Code, regulations and case developments.
Designed For: CPAs in public practice and members in industry seeking the latest tax developments and IRS interpretations of the new flow-through entities deduction and its impact on business entities.
Instructor: Douglas J. Van Der Aa
Developer: Van Der Aa Tax Ed, LLC
Area of Study: 8 Tax
3325 South Washington StreetSuite B2Grand Forks, ND 58201
(701) 775-7111or (877) 637-2727 Email: email@example.com