Join Renew Advertise Directory
The IRS is scrutinizing, more closely than ever, the basis owners have and the transactions for which the computation of basis is required. This course addresses the rules used to determine basis for partnerships and S Corporations, and puts the computation of basis in contexts that often come under scrutiny - loss limitations, distributions, and sales of an interest, among others. Learn the crucial rules for computing the adjusted basis and the tax treatment of distributions from pass-through entities, such as partnerships and S Corporations. Focus on the computation of the basis and the at-risk amount for these entities. Become familiar with correct allocation of liabilities among partners, the types and amounts of income that can result from distributions and sales of interests, and the basis of assets distributed from pass-through entities.
- Structuring cash and property distributions to avoid unexpected tax consequences
- Adjusting basis in partnership assets to save future taxes
- Measuring the gain or loss on the sale of an interest in a partnership or S Corporation
- Minimizing recognition of ordinary income on sale of an interest
- Maximizing the amount of the pass-through losses deductible by the partner/shareholder
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Calculate the basis of a partnership interest or S Corporation stock ownership. - Determine the amount and the character of income or loss the partner or shareholder should recognize, in the event of distributions of property or money.
- Apply the basis, at-risk, and passive activity loss limitations to passthrough losses from partnerships, LLCs, and S Corporations.
- Determine the tax treatment of sales of either partnership interests or S Corporation stock.
- Calculate the basis of partnership or LLC property following certain distributions and transfers of interests in the entity.
Designed For: Tax practitioners in public practice and industry
Instructor: William Harden
CPE Credits: 8
Area of Study: Taxes 8
Prerequisite: Experience in business taxation
3325 South Washington StreetSuite B2Grand Forks, ND 58201
(701) 775-7111or (877) 637-2727 Email: email@example.com