Join Renew Advertise Directory
This webcast provides up-to-date information on critical tax issues, giving you an outstanding foundation in the federal tax arena for individuals. Let us help you sort through the maze of tax compliance and tax planning strategies to make sure you are taking advantage of present opportunities and preparing for the future. It’s critical that you ensure your clients receive the most current tax planning and tax-saving strategies for their tax plans. Join us for this fast-paced, real-world webcast and make yourself look like a hero in your client’s eyes. Materials include the impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (TCJA) tax reform law.
• Filing requirements and personal exemptions
• Gross income inclusions, exclusions and adjustments
• Travel and entertainment - Standard and itemized deductions
• Tax and tax credits
• 0.9% Medicare Payroll Tax
• 3.8% Net Investment Income Tax
• Income exclusions
• Hot tax planning strategies for individuals and small businesses
• Roth IRA, IRA and retirement plan options
• Determine the filing status and interpret the filing requirements for individual Taxpayers.
• Determine gross income inclusions and exclusions around dividends and interest.
• Differentiate the taxability of deferred income, Social Security benefits and other taxable income.
• Apply the specific rules for the deductibility of travel and entertainment expenses as they relate to business or rental transactions in preparing income tax returns.
• Recognize Education related expenses and the rules for Health Savings Accounts.
• Distinguish between standard and itemized deductions including medical expenses, interest, taxes, charitable contributions, theft losses and miscellaneous deductions.
• Recognize when the Medicare Payroll Tax will impact an individual.
• Identify the applicability of the Medicare tax on Net Investment Income.
Designed For: CPAs and accountants new to taxation
Instructor: Jonathan Ingber
CPE Credits: 8
Area of Study: Taxes 8
Prerequisite: Knowledge of individual income taxation and Form 1040 preparation
3100 South Columbia RoadSuite 500Grand Forks, ND 58201
(701) 775-7111or (877) 637-2727 Email: email@example.com