You can conquer the theoretical conundrums and compliance issues caused by the question of whether a business has nexus in a particular jurisdiction. Be the one to guide your client skillfully through the maze of multistate corporate tax codes.
With this webcast, you’ll rapidly develop a working knowledge of both multistate tax compliance and related planning opportunities. With the rate of change, you can’t afford to be out-of-date with your knowledge of this critical tax area. Webcast materials include the latest developments regarding the Wayfair decision.
• Constitutional limits and P.L. 86-272
• Nexus, UDITPA, MTC
• Calculation of state taxable income
• Filing methods for multistate taxpayers
• Apportionment and allocation
• Multistate income tax planning
• Audit defense strategies
• Identify the key principles of multistate taxation.
• Identify the implications of establishing nexus in various taxing jurisdictions. • Analyze client operations and devise strategies that will minimize their client’s overall sales and/or income tax liability.
• Recognize the impact recent judicial rulings in various states on client operations.
• determine to what extent the state taxation of internet based transactions may impact current and future client activities.
Designed For: Experienced accountants and private industry managers
Instructor: Andrew Johnson
8Area of Study: Taxes 8
Prerequisite: Experience in corporate taxation