Join Renew Advertise Directory
Gain a practical understanding of the various complex tax laws dealing with sale, disposal, or exchange of property. This course includes analyses of the rules dealing with like-kind exchanges, and includes involuntary conversions. It also covers important property-related timing issues and planning opportunities that can lead to significant tax savings.
- IRC sections 1231, 1245,1250
- Depreciation Recapture
- Capital gains and losses
- Non-recognition transactions
- Apply proper treatment of involuntary conversions.
- Explain the deferral of realized gain or loss on a like-kind property exchange. - determine the amount of gain or loss on the sale of property.
- determine the character of recognized gain or loss on the disposition of business property.
- implement comprehensive property tax strategies to minimize taxes.
Designed For: Tax staff and senior associates in public accounting
Instructor: Shelley Rhoades
CPE Credits: 4
Area of Study: Taxes 4
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of property transactions and taxation
3325 South Washington StreetSuite B2Grand Forks, ND 58201
(701) 775-7111or (877) 637-2727 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org