When you complete this webcast, you will be able to:
• Identify major types of digital assets, besides cryptocurrency, that are enabled by blockchain technology.
• Identify major companies and products currently shaping the blockchain market.
• Distinguish between the features and use cases associated with many blockchain entities on the market.
• Recognize best practices for choosing a Blockchain provider.
• Describe Service Organization Controls (SOC) associated with Blockchain products and platforms.
• Distinguish appropriate responsibilities and controls for applying to Blockchain use cases.
• Identify the fundamental roles of the CPA when interacting with Blockchain technologies.
• Identify the ways blockchain technologies will potentially disrupt and transform the finance domain.
• Recognize technical controls associated with blockchain.
• Identify how to verify important process and control variables in blockchain use cases.
• Recall the fundamental mathematical concepts underpinning blockchain and their implications for verifying information.
• Describe the AICPA’s stance regarding blockchain landscape. • Describe the role of the CFO in a blockchain-enabled world.
• Recognize architecture and infrastructure concerns associate with blockchain usage.
• Recall specific examples of real-world blockchain usage and what they tell us about future trends.
Designed For: Who Will Benefit -Non-IT finance professionals, CFOs, controllers, management accountants, public accountants, partners, staff, managers and internal auditors
Instructor: Amy Vetter
CPE Credits: 5
Area of Study: Specialized Knowledge 5