Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Updated: December 2020
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer will report to the Chief Executive Officer. The CFO will assume a key position on the strategic leadership team and will provide accounting/finance expertise to all areas of the cooperative. The CFO will support and provide guidance to the organizational efforts from a financial and accounting perspective to allow management and department heads the ability to make informed and financially sound decisions. The CFO will provide oversight, insight and direction for all accounting/finance functions including short and long-term forecasting, cash flow, patronage recording/reporting, financial reporting, budgeting, metric development and management, and the risk/reward analysis of new business ventures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the resource person to the Board of Directors, CEO, Senior leadership and department heads relating to all finance/accounting insight within the organization.
- Oversee, develop or maintain all of the accounting/finance functions including short and long-term forecasting, cash flow, patronage recording/reporting, financial reporting, budgeting, metric development/management, and the risk/reward analysis of new business ventures while ensuring records are accurate, maintained in accordance with GAAP’s and are of the highest caliber to ensure management’s ability to make swift and informed business decisions.
- Support and encourage cross-divisional collaboration in all areas of the cooperative.
- Assist department heads in planning and results management through benchmarking and metrics tracking and reporting. Work with department heads to set budgets, understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking and decision making.
- Analyze the company’s financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets to ensure executive management team and department heads are armed with all information for informed business decisions.
- Work with CEO and Board of Directors to develop high quality business strategies and plans, ensuring the alignment with short-term and long-term objectives.
- Coordinate, prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reports with/for senior leadership and department heads to identify key areas of improvement and how improvements can be made.
- Directly supervise and manage all accounting team members through the monitoring of work performed by employees, correcting deficient performance and effectively rewarding and developing all employees.
- Directly supervise Human Resources, Information Technology and Maintenance departments and employees, correcting deficient performance and effectively rewarding and developing all employees.
- Serve as an advocate and represent the cooperative at industry associations and committees.
- Other duties as required to support the overall mission of the cooperative.
Key Competencies Required:
- Is a demonstrated and exceptional manager of people and leader who exudes confidence in self and others and who;
- Inspires respect and trust while mobilizing others to fulfill the cooperative vision.
- Has strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and build a consensus.
- Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well while effectively influencing actions and opinions of others.
- Accepts feedback from others and gives appropriate recognition and feedback to others.
- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement.
- Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities.
- Makes self available to staff and provides current, direct, complete and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others.
- Faces people problems quickly and directly and is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Identifies and develops subordinates' skills and encourages their personal growth.
- Solicits and applies feedback (internal and external) to foster a quality focus in others.
- Creates an environment of continuous processes and service improvement.
- Displays passion, dedication and optimism for their work, the cooperative, their employees, and patrons.
- Ability to effectively and clearly present advanced information in a manner that is understood by the receiver of the information.
- Ability to respond to questions from others with detailed and advanced information in a manner that is understood by the receiver of the information.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Minimum of ten years of accounting and/or financial management experience within an organization or financial auditing organization.
- Exceptional and demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to the details.
- Extensive knowledge, experience and expertise of accounting principles, procedures, and best practices.
Desired Education and Experience:
- Master of Business Administration (AND/OR)
- Certified Public Accountant
- Experience in the agriculture Industry
- Multi-department management experience
- Grain and or Energy accounting experience
Interested applicants should inquire with Carrie@longmirestaffingservices.net or 701.213.8800.