Position Title: Corporate Controller for Makes Cents Inc.
Reports to: CFO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: The Corporate Controller would be responsible with the following functions: accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, planning, internal control oversight and accounting system management.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Interface on accounting and finance issues with all levels of management reporting to the CFO
· Manage and adhere to company month/quarter/year end close schedules
· Manage and reconcile subledgers and balance sheets
· Prepare statements of monthly financial data including income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow
· Analyze financial results as compared to monthly budgets/forecasts and present findings to CFO
· Develop and direct regular financial review processes to maintain a high level of accountability from operations personnel
· Develop or enhance reporting capabilities for financial KPI tracking
· Assist in year-end audit
· Assist in the annual planning process
· Assist in management and hiring of accounting/finance personnel, as directed by CFO
· Assist with implementation of accounting software
· Provides superior customer service and follows established procedures in order to fulfill customer needs and ensure customer satisfaction
· Ensures daily and monthly loan processing goals are achieved
· Handles high volume of Inbound/Outbound customer service calls for Loan Processing.
· Obtains necessary information to process and complete loan files
· Examines documents to ensure accuracy and compliance with existing underwriting guidelines
· Fulfills customer needs to ensure customer satisfaction
· Demonstrates basic knowledge of lending services and practices
· Other duties as assigned
· BS degree in Accounting or Finance required
· CPA license required
· Must have 5+ years progressive accounting/finance experience
· Management experience preferred
· QuickBooks experience is a plus. ERP experience is highly preferred (Great Plains, NetSuite, SAP, etc.)
· Strong Excel skills required
· Ability to work cross functionally with various departments, levels of management, personalities, and skill sets
Knowledge and Skills:
· Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
· Integrity –The ability to exercise good business ethics and honesty
· Phone Etiquette- Demonstrates excellent phone etiquette pleasant phone demeanor at all time
· Product Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly
· Demonstrate Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
· Problem Solving: May provide a basic level of problem solving
· Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
· Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively
· Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
· Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
· Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do
· Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand
· Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
· Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
· Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand
· Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
· Speech Recognition - The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to occasionally lift up to 5 lbs. Must be able to work with a moderate noise level office atmosphere.
The office is located at the MHA Systems office in Bismarck, North Dakota. Normal working hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Additional overtime may occur on occasion.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please send applications to: email@example.com
To keep our employees as safe as possible, all employees wear mask at all times, their temperatures are monitored, and travel is monitored.
This position description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of MHA Systems are expected to perform tasks as assigned by management, regardless of job title or routine job duties.