Polar Communications is looking for an Accountant to join their team! We offer great wages and benefits as well as just being a great place to work. To find out more about the position, head to our website at https://www.polarcomm.com/careers/
To Apply: send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15th, 2020
The accountant obtains financial data for us in maintaining accounting records by performing the following duties.
The employee performing in this position will be directly responsible to the Controller. In his/her absence the employee shall be responsible to the Chief Financial Officer. The employee shall cooperate and work with all other departments for the maximum benefit of the company as directed by the Controller.
The employee shall work a regular 40 hour work week as scheduled by the Controller. This position does qualify for overtime. The hourly rate of pay will be determined by the General Manager/CEO in accordance with company policy.
The employee shall adhere to approved published company policies and safety standards at all times.
The employee must possess an exceptionally positive attitude and have the ability to work and get along with other employees. As the opportunity arises, be able to meet with and deliver exceptional customer service to Polar’s customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Accurately reviews and documents all business transactions, personnel records and purchases.
- Prepares consolidated financial statements on a monthly basis.
- Researches, analyzes and assists in the annual capital and operating budget process.
- Maintains capital budget comparison.
- Maintains plant asset records.
- Reconciles bank accounts.
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverages, savings deductions, job title and contract updates.
- Follows policies, procedures and safeguards to protect all vendor, customer, financial, and employee confidential information in compliance with the company policy.
- Maintains files, records and documents, including protected health information, medical records, payment information, consents, authorizations and related documents created in the administration of health benefit plans administration and self-administered flexible spending plan to comply with the Privacy Rule and observes precautions and procedures to protect security of all protected health information.
- Maintains miscellaneous accounts receivable.
- Assists with inventory reconciliations.
- Provides back up for all Accounts Payable functions.
- *Completes other duties as assigned by Controller and Chief Financial Officer.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Strong working knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices.
- Skill in analyzing large volumes of data and identifying problems/errors, and ability to correct or resolve them.
- Ability to learn the Company’s products and services.
- Ability to learn the Company’s billing and financial software.
- Proficient in the operation of accounting software as well as maintenance of upgrades to the system.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs, general office equipment, and telephone systems.
- Skill in reading and interpreting technical documents and information.
- Considerable knowledge of English, spelling, arithmetic and vocabulary.
- Considerable skill in communicating expectations with requests and projects and follow through to completion.
- Advanced reasoning ability with skill in identifying problems and resolutions.
- Considerable ability to communicate well with a positive and friendly manner, both orally and in writing.
- Considerable ability to maintain efficient workflow.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and the ability to maintain memory for an attention to details.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience required.