A growth-oriented property and casualty insurer is seeking a Director of Accounting to join their dynamic organization. This technical leader will be responsible for statutory reporting for the company and all of its subsidiaries. The position will ultimately assume responsibility for general ledger, premium accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and investment accounting areas. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to grow their accounting leadership experience within a thriving and industry leading Fargo based insurer.
- Manage and contribute to the preparation of all statutory reporting for the holding company and its subsidiaries.
- Oversee receipts and disbursement of funds.
- Maintain reinsurance, premium and investment accounting processes.
- Assist in the review and refinement of financial controls.
- Implement and maintain all accounting policies and procedures for the company and its subsidiaries.
- 5+ years of statutory accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Insurance experience required; can be either Life, Health or Property & Casualty background.
- CPA license (preferred)