Part-Time Position: Controller
(20-25+ hours/week, flexible schedule)
Perform all general accounting functions.
Responsibilities and Roles
- Cash management, accounts/grants payable, general ledger maintenance
- Investment accounting
- Financial statement preparation
- Annual budget preparation
- Assist with tax and audit related matters, including the completion of tax forms and payments, including annual 990PF completion.
- Generate monthly, quarterly, and annual grant/financial reports to ensure integrity of Foundation’s grant making history.
- Implement Foundation efforts to create continuity, consistency, and standardization in grant making policies, processes, and procedures.
- Evaluate endowments and significant grants requiring annual review.
- Reconcile financial records to database.
- Manage payroll and various human resource related activities.
- Be knowledgeable of the legal/regulatory environment as it relates to foundations and the non-profit sector.
- Prepare documents and participate in Finance Committee meetings.
- Represent the Foundation at meetings and events.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with Foundation partners, grantees, and community.
Such other duties and responsibilities as are performed by Controllers generally, and as may be delegated or assigned from time to time by the Foundation’s Executive Director and/or Board of Directors.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting/Business Administration required, graduate degree and/or CPA designation desired.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience with an emphasis on general ledger and financial statement preparation.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and communication skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft GP Dynamics desired.
For inquires and application submission, please send a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional questions and information, please contact Marty Hoffmann at 701-356-7800.