Department/Location: Financial Services/Bismarck, ND
Company: Basin Electric Power Cooperative
This position is responsible for the daily cash batch processing and the application of payments to the accounts receivable subledger. The position is responsible for preparation of various cooperative and subsidiary invoices through a process that includes analysis, delivery, and collection of data from various sources. This position is also responsible for various month-end journal entries and the performance of various account reconciliations of revenue, expense, and general ledger accounts.
- Responsible for daily cash batch processing and application of payments to accounts receivable subledger.
- Assist with management of the accounts receivable/revenue ledger for BEPC and its subsidiaries. Maintain in-depth knowledge of the Infor Accounts Receivable software system module.
- Prepare invoices and record accruals ensuring compliance with contractual terms, communication with customers to ensure timely collection of payments and reconciliation of statements.
- Responsible for reconciling transactions between the billing systems used for invoicing and the accounting system.
- Assist with the inventory accounting related to Dakota Gasification Company’s by-products.
- Assist with preparation of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Responsible for various month-end journal entries and performance of various account reconciliations of revenue, expense, and general ledger accounts.
- Support other identified key critical accounting functions in cross-training initiatives.
To perform effectively in this position, the incumbent must have knowledge of GAAP, financial operations, and accounting theory in executing at the transaction level at a level acquired through the completion of a four-year degree in accounting, business, finance, or a related discipline and two years of related professional accounting experience. This position requires strong analytical skills; proficiency in personal computer operation and Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel; experience with reporting software; and a good working knowledge of relational database concepts. The ability to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills is required.
Typical Physical/Mental/Environmental Demands:
This position requires the ability to remain in a stationary position and to move about the office building, occasional reaching below and above shoulder level, constant use of keyboard/computer and other office productivity machinery, bending, kneeling, lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds, and pushing/pulling up to 20 pounds. It also requires finger dexterity and hand coordination. This position requires the ability to communicate and must be able to clearly exchange accurate information. It also requires the ability to develop plans, procedures and goals; present information to others; and work under stress to complete projects within deadlines.
Applicants interested in this opening should go to https://www.basinelectric.com to apply.
Employees must apply through Inside Basin, by clicking on a position and signing into the Infor Application.
Basin Electric is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer regarding race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, and veterans status.