The Accountant will be employed by Fairland Management Company, a farm management and farm real estate sales firm, which has been in the business of farm management since 1922 and is located in Windom, Minnesota. Fairland manages approximately 35,000 acres of farmland in eight counties in Southwestern Minnesota. The position will carry with it the primary responsibilities for performing various accounting, income tax and financial functions for the Clients and Company. The Accountant will be working with a staff of eight other employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· The Accountant’s position is to apply his/her advanced technical knowledge of accounting concepts to see that Fairland Management Company maintains a quality accounting system for the Company and also for its Clients. This includes the maintenance of a permanent set of double entry financial records including cash journals, general journal, chart of accounts and general ledger.
2. Client Responsibilities
· Process all cash receipts and disbursements for various clients’ accounts including grain sale and cash rent receipts, crop expense payments and distributions.
· Take an active role in communicating and assisting Clients with accounting, income tax, and financial opportunities.
· Assist with cash management including preparation of cash flow statements and short-term investment of excess cash funds.
· Assist with short and long term financing.
· Preparation of financial statements including Statement of Income, Comparative Balance Sheets (cost or market value basis) and Statement of Cash flow.
· Assist Client or Client’s income tax advisor/attorney with income tax planning and preparation for both Federal and Minnesota income tax returns.
· Assist with gift and estate planning.
· Assist with other miscellaneous financial and accounting tasks.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with coursework in the study of income taxes.
2. Experience as an accountant preferred but not required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
1. Advanced technical knowledge of accounting concepts and the ability to apply these concepts to various client situations.
2. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
3. Excellent client service orientation with an ability to handle pressure in a positive, professional manner.
4. Working computer knowledge. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel/Word).
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Possess excellent work ethic and time management skills.
7. Willing to work in a team environment and work occasional evenings and Saturdays.
Fairland Management Company offers competitive compensation along with a benefits package to include health & life insurance, pension plan, and paid vacation. To learn more about Fairland Management - www.fairlandmgmt.com EOE
To apply for this opportunity please visit –