Company: MDU Construction Services Group, Inc.
Location: Bismarck, ND
Hiring Manager: Jon B Hunke
Closing Date: 03-05-2021
Job Type: Full-Time
Responsible for understanding, upholding and promoting CSG’s Critical Success Factors, 1) Safety First!; 2) Financial Success (including operational excellence); 3) Employee Satisfaction (including development and training), and 4) Customer Satisfaction.
For operating companies of MDU Construction Services Group, Inc. (CSG): Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and data requests for management, internal departments and external entities. Complete the day-to-day activities, calculations, reconciliations and analyses necessary to perform periodic financial accounting closes. Recommend enhancements to accounting policies, procedures and information systems. Assist with compliance to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley.
Level I: Must possess a working knowledge of accounting and financial concepts through the completion of a four-year degree in accounting.
Level II: Must possess a working knowledge of accounting and financial concepts through the completion of a four-year degree in accounting and two years experience in accounting.
Level III: Must possess a working knowledge of accounting and financial concepts through the completion of a four-year degree in accounting and five years experience in accounting.
Level IV: Must possess a working knowledge of accounting and financial concepts through the completion of a four-year degree in accounting and seven years experience in accounting.
1. Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual internal statements and financial reports: accumulate data, analyze income, cash flows and margin statements, research and write concise and accurate explanations of variances and changes, prepare associated supporting documents.
2. Prepare analyses, reports and data requests for management, internal departments, governmental agencies and external entities.
3. Design, complete and maintain spreadsheets and databases necessary for assigned duties.
4. Assist in compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley standards; calculation, accumulation and reporting of financial data relating to new or existing FASBs or other accounting pronouncements .
5. Responsible for the reconciliation of credit card and expense report clearing accounts.
6. Perform additional duties as assigned.
Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills. Knowledge of accounting methods and procedures and applicable financial statement preparation methods and requirements. Good written and oral communication skills. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications. Must maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
Possession of professional certification. Viewpoint Spectrum, JDEdwards, and OneStream consolidation software knowledge; construction accounting experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
- Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
- Apply online at jobs.mdu.com
MDU Resources Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.